Friday, February 15, 2008

Wonderful Hubby

I have a wonderful husband who loves me very much. I've been blessed to have him in my life, acting as a rock, my best friend, confidant, and just generally keeping me in check. Really, I couldn't have asked for a better guy.

Valentine's Day has never been a favorite holiday of mine, either in a relationship or out. I believe that you should tell the people in your life that you love them throughout the year, not just on one day. As such, we usually stay at home and have a quiet night for Valentine's Day. This year, Lennie outdid himself for this holiday, sending me roses at the office on the 13th (surprise!), as well as bringing me roses at home on the 14th. What a fun and unexpected gesture. We went out to an early dinner (steak, yum!) and enjoyed each other's company as well as people watching. (A favorite passtime of ours...) It was so wonderful to spend time with the person that I love. No major gestures required -- just the gift of time.

I have a wonderful hubby!

No comments: