Thursday, March 27, 2008

Random String of Consciousness

I've had a lot of random thoughts and quotes floating through my mind lately, and I thought that I would share them with you on the off chance that they will make you smile too.

First, we were without power this morning, so I got to do my best impression of someone that I called "Carrie Camper" today at work... you know the look: less than hot showered, no hair dryer, and getting dressed by flashlight. Ah ha, you do know Carrie Camper! And I was looking like her too! In fact, I never realized how quickly I could get ready to go when I didn't have electricity to get in my way... ahem, enhance my life and my beauty.

Other randomness. Lennie has given me a great quote this week, and I have to share it with you:
Jesus heard me, so it's okay. Jesus hears everything!

I love it when great quotes are spoken when you're really asleep -- those are the best kind of quotes! :-) Heh heh.

As of today, Lennie has listened to every single song in our iTunes collection. All 1,943 songs. (Guess I should load the rest of my CDs into iTunes so that he can hear the rest of it!) Quite the listening session, if you ask me! Lennie got a glimpse of my vast CD collection during this journey, and I believe that I've introduced him to a few new artists. Which brings me to my new favorite potential band name: "The Violent Farmers." Heh... Violent Farmers. If you haven't named your band yet, you might want to consider this name, it's a good one! :-)

Finally, I think I decided this week that the invention of spell checker has made us, as a society, a little lazier when it comes to education and trying to increase our book knowledge. I have found myself typing things lately and thinking "eh, I don't have to know how to spell that, spell checker will catch it..." Yeah, I don't really think that's the way to go about things, I should be a little more attentive and thoughtful as I'm writing, instead of relying on computers to make me look good. To paraphrase a quote from my friend Suzanne: "This entry has been inspected fore typos."

No comments: