Sunday, November 11, 2007

Weekend Wanderings

Early this weekend, Lennie and I outlined a plan of action, including items like paint the bathrooms, do laundry, get new cell phones, finish our wedding album order, try a new church event, and go to the gym. I'm pleased to report that we have completed most of these tasks... we just didn't make it to the gym, big surprise. I'm exhausted as I type this, but I'm pleased that we we got as much accomplished this weekend as we had set out to do.

I "heart" Costco. Earlier this week, we stopped by the T-Mobile store in search of our new cell phones. After an unsuccessful high pressure sales incident, we left without any new phones to "think about" our options. We both fell in love with the new Blackberry Pearl phones, and decided to purchase them this weekend for the sale price of $149 each at the T-Mobile store. On a lark, we stopped at Costco just before going back to the T-Mobile store. It's a good thing that we did, too! Membership truly has it's priviledges with Costco, as we purchased the identical T-Mobile phones for $30 each, plus our activation fees were waived and we were able to sign up for our two-year plans on the spot. In total, I think that Costco saved us $300 this weekend on our new cell phones. Costco, I love you!

Perhaps on another post, I'll tell you why November 14th will be my last day with Sprint. I'm still too angry with them today to even vent about it on my blog right now... argh! Darn lack of customer service!

All in all, it was a pretty good weekend. The bathrooms need another coat of paint, but that was to be expected. They look really good though, if I do say so myself!

No comments: