Wednesday, November 21, 2007

100th Post: Thankfulness

So, I’ve been thinking for a little bit about what to write in my 100th post, and have decided to stop dawdling and just post it. To mark this momentous occasion, and since it’s the day before Thanksgiving here in the US, I thought that I would pay tribute to the things that I’m thankful for:

First and foremost, I’m thankful for my husband. I couldn’t have asked for a better man in my life, and I’m thankful for every moment that we get to spend together (even when sometimes I’m acting like a poopyhead and I don’t actually show my gratefulness well…)

Family. I come from a great family, full of laughter, love, joy, and inspiration. Thank you. Last weekend, I had the opportunity to hang out with my oldest nephew, and I have to say, he’s quite the young man. It was cool to get to spend time with him, and appreciate how he has grown up. I don’t often get to take time out to get to know my family better, and I’m very thankful that I have had multiple opportunities this year to connect with my family.

Friends. I have some of the coolest friends around -- people that you should really get to know. They know how to make me laugh, think, and change the world all in their own ways.

Faith. I believe in a God of love, who provides for me, walks with me, watches over me, and loves me regardless of what happens in life. I couldn’t do it day in and day out if I didn’t have God by my side.

Grace. I am a broken person who is far from perfect. But God, my friends, my family, and others around me continually show me grace and forgive me for being human. What a wonderful gift!

Health. A few weeks ago, I went to the doctor for my annual check-up. Got a clean bill of health, for the most part, and I am constantly reminded of how blessed I am to have my health. Sure, I should be working on fixing up my temple, but I’m grateful for the good health that I have today.

Paychecks. I’m really grateful for my paycheck, and for the opportunities before me. I don’t always express my thankfulness for this tribute that can often be taken for granted, but I realize that I couldn’t live how I do without my paycheck.

Food, clothing, shelter. Everyday, I walk by people who don’t have their basic needs met… they’re sleeping in doorways, shivering night and day, and begging for scraps of food or spare change. I’m lucky: I don’t have these issues, and my biggest problem is deciding whether or not I want the tall or grande mocha or whether I will catch the “early” bus in the afternoon. When you put it in that kind of perspective, it makes you grateful for event the littlest things, doesn’t it?

There are so many other things, big and small, that I am thankful for, and I could go on for pages and pages about all of the great things in life. But I want to know: what are you thankful for this holiday season?

No comments: