Thursday, September 14, 2006

Things I Like To Forget...

... seems that as a tradeshow/event planner, I always look forward to shows and the frenzy that leads up to the big event. And yet, I always seem to forget a few things along the way.

(I suspect that events can be a little like birth: expectant mothers dread the actual delivery, but then after birth, they talk about how beautiful it was and gloss over the horrifying pain. Does the lapse of time really make you forget?)

Anyhow, I've just finished our biggest tradeshow of the year, ACCE, here in Seattle. It was a fine show, and the booth looked fabulous (if I do say so myself). But there's one thing that I'm constantly reminded of: how thankful I am for a desk job. Seems that two full days, and one evening on my feet for hours at a time have taken their toll on my body. And my feet & legs are really screaming at me right now! ;-) And I'm exhausted. (In fact, my whole team is exhausted... smiling so much can really take it out of you!)

Oh, and it seems that every show I assume that the keys to my booth are in the booth shipment. Note to self: they aren't. Another note to self: it's a rare key and I should remember to bring it with me... You'd think that I would have learned by now! Heh heh.

Either way, I love my job. Seriously, I love my job.

No comments: