Sunday, September 28, 2008

Silly Huskies!

I shouldn't be surprised that we lost the game last night. I'm a little sad, but have decided that perhaps we're going for the perfect season; a perfectly bad season, that is... Unfortunately, our star quarterback, Jake Locker, broke his right thumb during the game last night, which may be a season-ending injury for him. I hope that it's not, and that he heals quickly.

Seattle Times writer Steve Kelley may have put it best:
Another Washington football season is doomed. Another year with Locker will end without a bowl trip.

And even before the leaves have turned, this season feels as broken as Locker's thumb.


I'm still a Husky fan, but I'm a realist too: I'll cheer (loudly) for every completed pass, every play that's well executed, but my hopes aren't high, and all that I can ask for is that we act as the "spoilers" in the Apple Cup this year against our cross-state rivals. If we can win that game, it'll be an okay season after all...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

With how badly WSU is playing we might as well dub Apple Cup, battle for last! :-(

I could only listen to part of the game on Saturday but it made me sad. I read somewhere that our defense ranks 118th of 119 major schools.

KermitFan said...

Battle of the Bottom Cup -- coming soon to a wheat field near you! :-)