Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Oh What a Night...

Go Mariners! That was the cry of the night for me & LO as we sat in the Jamie Moyer Suite at the M's game. While the Mariners lost to the Angels, the yellow hydroplane lost AGAIN on the big screen in the outfield, the field crew did dance. That was enough for me. Well, that and the beautiful view from the suite, and the fact that I won the drawing for an autographed Jamie Moyer jersey. My life is sweet.

Here's a sample of the dance that they did... it always makes me smile when the crew dances...


I'm happy that Soriano was reportedly watching the game tonight (after a line drive to the head nearly killed him the night before) and doing well. Seems that we take for granted the dangers of the game. I think that KT put it really well in her entry about the August 29th game. Read more about it here.

Seems that I'm not really a baseball fan... or a Seahawks fan... or a hockey fan... or a Sonics fan... but I can certainly identify with the fair-weather fan feelings of Nathan and Mike. Seriously, when are we going to get a good professional team in Seattle? (Notice how I said "professional..." I'm still a die-hard UW Husky football fan... we're going to better our record from last year, I swear!)

Anywho, I had yet another great night at the ballpark, even if the Seattle Mariners didn't prevail. At least LO was happy that his "hometown" team won for once...

No comments: