Monday, August 28, 2006

Weekend Wanderings

Man, I had another great weekend! I can't believe how much we packed in this weekend.

Friday
We trekked over to the Kirkland waterfront to watch a boatload of sailing friends prepare for their final Friday night race. While waiting on the dock and watching the boats jockey for positions, we got to watch the Northwest University students in their "people" scavenger hunt. I struck up a conversation with two of the people that they were searching for and gave them the idea of getting the contestants to perform songs and stunts to get "extra" points. (Sorry new NU students!) We waited long enough to see one group do a human pyramid on the dock before we walked downtown to dinner at Hector's. Yum. Then we walked back to the dock and watched a beautiful sunset. Ahh, life in the Northwest, huh?

Saturday
Yeah, I got up at the crack of early (actually, a little before the crack of early) and went up to the Special Olympics state softball tournament. I'll readily admit that I was less than useful, but that I had fun and got a great tan. We went that evening to the always-fun Hawaiian Luau held by our friends in West Seattle. Was great to sit and relax and jabber with friends late in to the night.

Sunday
Finally! I get to sleep in! Yessssss!!!!!! It was great to have a lazy morning at home, I don't get those often enough, I have to say. We took the afternoon to go up to the Evergreen State Fair. This is one of my favorite fairs, as it's smaller and not too crowded. You still get to go and see the baby chicks and the pig races without having to walk a million miles to get there, or to battle a million and a half people on the way to anything. We got to hit all of the highlights -- including the All-Alaskan Pig races, which were definitely funny.

We concluded our afternoon at the fair at the Jars of Clay concert. I definitely like these guys, and they have a great (if not entertaining) stage presence. Turns out that I knew only 55% or so of the songs that they sang, but for the small admission fee, it was worth it. T'was a great summertime activity, I tell ya.

Funny side note: Spirit 105.3 reports that there were 4,000 people at the concert. (Here's some photos for you too.) Not sure if I believe that there were 4,000 people there, but it was a pretty good crowd... especially since my friends and I were there. ;-)

Well, I hope y'all had a great weekend too... and that your weekend wanderings were wonderful. :-)

No comments: