Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Things Overheard at a Backyard BBQ

Phew, what a weekend! I hope that y'all had a great Memorial Day weekend too... mine was quite busy with parties and merriment (despite the rain). I thought that I would share a few highlights:
  • Shots and singing at Chopstix. (Yay for the bride!)
  • Sleeping in (a little)
  • Dining and dancing (ahem, two stepping?) in Seattle. (Yay for the birthday girl!)
  • Darts and drinks (and a few "professional," albeit wierd, karaoke singers)
  • Sleeping in (a little more)
  • Talking to friends (always worth it!)
  • Croquet and "horseback riding." (Silliness with friends rules.)


Phew, that was a busy weekend! I love it -- can we have a few more long weekends like that?

And now for a few of my favorite quotes from the weekend:
  • "Oh, and you have to grunt a little too!" (From a backyard sporting demonstration.)
  • "My Zachary is going to the bathroom! Come quick!" (From a small child.)
  • "Girl! Girl! Come over here!" (Another small child quote.)
  • "How do you play croquet?" (From many of us on the field...)


Thank God for good friends!

No comments: