Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Lent: 15 Days In

So, for those of you who don't know, I decided to give up Starbucks for Lent this year. Yep, I took the plunge and gave up my favorite morning habit... no more grande non-fat no whip, extra stirred mocha and a (fattening) treat from the pretty case. So far so good, friends. I don't really miss the coffee or the fun doughnuts, but I do miss the routine... walking from the bus to be greeted by a nice Starbucks "partner" and having a warm drink to start my day. Alas, I've discovered that a packet of oatmeal at my desk, or a bagel on the way out of my house in the morning is far better fuel for me, and I'm saving a bundle of money. Nope, I don't miss Starbucks, and it hasn't been too tough on me... except for when my boss called an off-site meeting at Starbucks... I told her I'd go but that I wouldn't be buying anything. The meeting hasn't happened yet, so stay tuned on that one. Interestingly enough, it's the incredulous reactions from my Seattle-based friends and family. Yes, Seattle friends: it can be done. At least, for the last 15 days it has been done. Stay tuned for the rest of Lent... I know that I'll make it.

No comments: