Tuesday, January 02, 2007

New Year's Eve

So, it was a good New Year's Eve for me... nice and low-key, just the way I like it. After going to our regular Sunday@Six church services, Lennie & I met our friends at McCormick & Schmick's for a fine (albeit long) dinner. Our meal was relatively uneventful, although the nice older man who had a medical incident at the table next to us might beg to differ. I sincerely hope that he is feeling better, and it was nice to see that he was able to get up and walk out of the restaurant under his own power.

After dinner, we did get to go and watch the fireworks at the Space Needle. It's possible that we set a record for the shortest visit to Seattle proper where we actually got out of the vehicle. Alas, we got the perfect viewing spot, free parking, and were in and out of the city in 25 minutes flat. Phew! I also took a few hundred (okay, only 63) photos of the Space Needle and all of the fireworks. Here are a few favorites:




Too fun. I do have to say that New Year's isn't my favorite holiday -- it's pretty much a blah event really, I did enjoy ringing in the new year with good friends and the man that I love. (Awww...) 2007 is going to be a fabulous year!

No comments: