Sunday, May 08, 2011

Circle of Life?

Two days before my family arrived in town this week, our tulips were blooming nicely and the yard looked fantastic. Then, Lennie and I drove home from work one evening and as we pulled into the driveway Lennie asked: "Did you trim the tulips yesterday?" To which I replied, "No, why do you ask?" Upon further inspection, we discovered that quite a few of our prized tulips had been sheered off by some animal... we even found two hoof prints in the soil.

Today, as we were working around the garage, the suspected tulip bandit wandered into our neighbor's yard and meandered down the street while we looked on:
As I told Lennie: our yard has been contributing to the circle of life, feeding a nice young deer. How nice of us, I suppose...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I suppose that IS the circle of life!!! HA HA HA!!!
--Devyn
www.bogeverything360.blogspot.com

Trashmaster46 said...

And really, are you going to call the cops on a deer? "But officer, he stole my tulips!"

Kraneia said...

To discourage the local wildlife from munching the shrubbery, boil chili peppers and spray the plants with the (strained) water.

It'll only take a couple of times before they get the hint. ;)

Aye,
Scratch