Lennie and I got to take in our first Seattle Sounders FC game last night, which was quite the experience. We were five rows from the field, and definitely swept up in the action. The crowd was full of energy, and it was fun to simply sit back and take it all in... even if we didn't always know/understand what was going on on the pitch. I enjoyed it, but don't know that I'll be the first in line for tickets and writing chants... maybe once I understand the game a little bit more!
Work has kept both Lennie and I busy, which has been nice. When we're not at work, we've been tending to the condo garden, which is blooming nicely, but requires a lot of water in the warm weather. Last I heard, we've gone 27 days without rain, so there's been a lot of watering going on! On the upside, our hard work is paying off in that we have enough lettuce now for a modest salad, and we're up to our ears in basil. I'm loving it!
Last weekend, we got to go to the annual :20 Funny Festival that is organized by 103.7 The Mountain. We had great seats on the balcony, dead center. It was fabulous! I laughed and giggled my way through the whole event, and am glad that Lennie and I have made this event an annual tradition.
A few other observations from the last few weeks:
- Family is important. Don't forget to tell your family how much you love them, and appreciate the time that you get to spend with them.
- Friends make life a whole lot better. Spend time with them: laughing, connecting, and make each other's lives better as much as you can.
- The driving range can make you feel like a golf pro, and will help bring your golfing mojo back. It's worth the trip to swing through a bucket of balls, I promise!
- If you're in a car alone, that does not mean that other people can't see you. Seriously, I can see you in the car behind me...
- Air conditioning can be somewhat rare in Seattle, but when you need it, you need it!
- We live in one of the most beautiful places possible. Sunshine, mountains, water, we have it all in Seattle. I'm so grateful for that!
- I have one of the greatest husbands ever. Seriously, he kicks butt.
I hope that the end of Spring and beginning of Summer finds you all doing well. Bring on more summer sunshine! :-)