Monday, September 10, 2007

Meeting The Family

So, this past weekend I got to meet my hubby's family... it was fun and stressful all at once. We're already married, so it's not like either of us is going to run away screaming after the experience. However, it's a little overwhelming knowing that you're going to be meeting 30 meaningful people from your husband's life all at once. For future reference, I don't know that I recommend doing things this way, but it's nice to finally have faces to place with names, voices, and stories. The whole family was really nice, and I'm really grateful for the church friends that have been around L's life. I don't think that we could have done it without y'all!

A few travel highlights from the weekend: my first ever trip to Bob's Big Boy (I don't know why, but I always thought that this was a grocery store...), not getting hit or rear-ended on the freeway in Southern California (a major victory in itself!), not seeing any "shady" characters at our better-than-expected motel, seeing where my sweetie grew up.

One of the things that I came away with from this weekend is how different people's lives can be, and how wonderful my family is. I have really been blessed with great people and circumstances in my life, and I appreciate everyone who has touched my life. Thank you all!

No comments: